Breastfeeding can be one of the most challenging parts of early motherhood. Not all women are able to nurse, or choose not to. But for those women who choose to breastfeed, it’s definitely a journey. Breastfeeding is a beautiful and natural way for mamas to bond with their little ones. Knowing you’re nourishing your baby from your body is such a special feeling. At Belabumbum, we’re fully dedicated to supporting you along your journey through motherhood. Whether it’s your first or second lap around the baby block - even your third and up - it’s never too late to learn something new to make your experience easier. We’ve pulled together some of our favorite breastfeeding resources and products.
- KellyMom: Without a doubt KellyMom is one of the most trusted and referenced sources for breastfeeding information on the web. It’s a great comprehensive guide full of information – we highly suggest starting HERE instead of Google when you have a breastfeeding question!
- The Leaky Boob is an awesome blog dedicated to nurturing nursing moms. Whether you have questions on your first feed, leaking, nursing positions or latching, they've got you covered.
- The Womanly Art Of Breastfeeding: This classic bestselling guide for nursing and expectant mothers provides a wide range of breastfeeding advice
- Work. Pump. Repeat: This super relatable book offers working mamas practical, honest, and funny info about maneuvering through the difficulties of breastfeeding while working.
- There are also excellent online classes design to support nursing moms like Lactation Link – an insightful source that provides online breastfeeding classes.
Must-Haves for Mamas
- Nursing Tops and Bras: All of our tops and nursing bras are designed for extreme comfort. You'll love the lace detail on our Tallulah Lace Nursing Bra. Our Aura Aurac Racerback Bra, with easy pull-aside nursing, is another fabulous essential. Lastly, there's no better look for lounging, with your hubby or your baby, than our Mom & Baby Sets.
- Breast Pads: Our Leakproof Nursing Pads are 8x more absorbent than others on the market and are eco-friendly, reusable and washable.
- Nipple Cream: The perfect way to both soothe and protect chapped nipples! Try Lansinoh Lanolin or Zoe Organics Nipple Balm.
- Nursing Pillow: Nursing pillows can help you hard working mamas position yourselves to breastfeed in comfort. Try either Boppy or My Breast Friend.
- Lactation Snacks and Teas: Boost your lactation production while eating yummy snacks or drinking tea.