BACK TO TOP
Preparing for Baby During Your 3rd Trimester
Feeling overwhelmed as your due date becomes closer and closer and while you may be over the moon excited to hold your newborn you don’t quite feel ready yet? Take a deep breath mama, you will get it all done. To start, make a detailed list of all that you need to accomplish this final trimester, and then just try to cross one thing off a day! Here are some things you may want to think about adding to your list:
- Take a birth and infant care course. Get your partner to come, too!
- Take a breastfeeding course, find the number and name of a local lactation consultant and find out if your insurance covers them.
- Get ready for the early stages labor at home. Download a labor playlist and contraction timer on your phone, make an essential oil blend to diffuse or apply topically.
- Schedule a day to either have your house cleaned or enlist help and do it yourself (we suggest about a week before your due date).
- Fill up your diaper bag so it’s ready to go for your first doctor’s visit a few days after birth!
- Prepare different areas of your home for cozy nursing — with baskets full of blankets, books, a nursing pillow, comfy PJs, burp cloths, nipple balm.
- Wash and fold all your newborn and 0-3 month old baby clothes (use a clean & free detergent or one specially designed for babies).
- Order your breast pump and download a breastfeeding apps on your phone.
Make freezer meals and lactation cookie dough (freeze this too)!
- Schedule a final date night with your partner before your due date.