Holiday Baking Series
Is there anything more comforting than cookies during the holidays? Maybe only eating that delicious cookie in cozy loungewear…
We’re happy to continue our holiday baking series by sharing our social media coordinator Rachel’s Molasses Cookie recipe. We heard Santa loves these cookies, too. 🍪🎅
1. Whisk the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt together until combined. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and both sugars together on high speed until creamy and combined (about 2 minutes).
3. Add the molasses and beat until combined. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined (about 1 minute). Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
4. On low speed, slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be slightly sticky. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
6. Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator. If the cookie dough chilled longer than 2 hours, let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. The cookies may not spread in the oven if the dough is that cold. Roll cookie dough, 1 tablespoon each, into balls. Roll each in granulated sugar and arrange 3 inches apart on the baking sheets.
7. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until edges appear set.
8. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet.
9. Share & enjoy!
Wishing you a delicious holiday season.
From our table to yours,